Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thought for Today

Here is a thought for today:
Will you look back on life and say, 'I wish I had or I'm glad I did'?
I am excited I am going to St. George this weekend. Just a nice leisure weekend in the warm (very warm) sunshine of St. George. Three of my children and their families are going. Emily and Russell and the boys, Joel and Andrew. Mat and Melanie with Emma and Jared, Baylee has a soft ball tournament so she isn't going with us. Blake and Gina and Brissa with be with us also. Mark and Shelly and the little girls, Sara, Zada and Maya aren't going to be able to be with us. My step-mother Merlene lives in Bloomington and my step-sister Debbie and her husband Fred live in St. George. Debbie's daughter and son live there also. My sweet niece Audrey and her daughter Kaitlynn and son Kyle will be there with us. I am excited to be with my niece. It has been a few months, and I miss her. I am hoping my brother Alan and his wife Julie are there also and that some of my other nieces and nephews will join us. There are lots of things to do in the St. George area, but I will be content to just sit around the pool and read my book. I am so ready for a vacation even if it is a short one.
Not only is it my vacation, but it is also a good time to connect to extended family. I am a family person. I believe it is the most important relationship only surpassed by your relationship with your spouse. Families are a precious gift from God. I love my friends and I treasure friendships, but my family is my greatest treasure and gift. Nothing can take the place of my family. Part of my family is my step-mother Merlene and my step-sister Debbie. I have neglected them. Not included them in my circle of 'family'. I am ashamed of myself. I am not that way. . . and I am sorry for behaving in such a negative way. I can only hope that my future actions will show I am sorry. I want no regrets, I want to be able to say "I'm glad I did". As I posted earlier in my tribute to my Dad, he taught me much about living. . . . He was a man with a huge heart room for many and it didn't diminish his love for me his daughter, nor for his son, Alan, nor our mother Bonnie. I want to be like my Dad, a heart that has room for many. KL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails