Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Is Moving Along

The summer is rolling along way too fast. It is mid July and it won't be long until we are thinking of "back to school" and the Fall season. I am just not ready for that. I have been busy as could be. I take two college courses on Monday and Tuesday and they take a big chunk of my time. I was about to drop the idea of getting my degree when my son said, "No Mom, you have always wanted it and you need to keep going to school. You are too close to stop now." (Isn't it amazing how adult children become your parents?) Anyway, I will continue. Actually I should be able to graduate next spring! It is those darn Math classes that have me stressed and thinking of quiting. But, I will continue forward, I have nothing else to do. . . . This week I am looking forward to going to dinner with my "high school friends". It is amazing after 42 years we still keep in touch and get together. We are all very fortunate to have this kind of relationship. Most people after they graduate from high school never see their old classmates. Me and my friends are unique. We still care about each other. Not only am I going to dinner with my friends, but I will spend a few hours with my Auntie's Now there is a unique relationship! Love those dear aunties so much. They have been with me through thick and thin. All of my ups and downs and and in betweens. GAC (great-aunt Colleen) and I have had some choice times together. The best thing we like to do is visit family and friends, shop! And we go looking for old furniture. She is always happy to go on a new adventure. I will be sure to write about my day with old friends and Aunties. I may bore some with all of my ramblings, but this blog is fun. I have kept a personal journal for years and this is just an extension of that. I truly need to get picture of my life on this web-site. I will try that for next time. KJ

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Karie,

I totally agree summer is going way to fast. I love reading about your adventures. I think I bought my dresser from your aunt. Keep up the hard work in the math class, before you know it you'll be done.

Talk to you later,
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails