Friday, September 5, 2008

FOOTBALL AT TOOELE HIGH

Ok, my favorite season and sport is in full swing, and I am one proud Grandma. This is my blog and I can brag, boast, and let my pride come full force. My grandson Joel Spendlove is absolutely awesome! He is 16 years old stands 6'3'' is an offensive lineman, and it is all coming together for him. All the years of little league Ute Conference Football, and the coaching of his Uncle Mat, and the football camps at the U are showing through with an outstanding young football player. Last night the local Tooele newspaper had a sports article on Football for Tooele County. They interviewed Coach Goff and he said, "offensive linemen doen't receive the credit they deserve. We (Tooele High ) have three outstanding linemen, and Joel Spendlove is only a junior playing varsity football. He has made some incredible blocks and taken our ball carriers into the end zone. By next season he will be playing college level football." Oh, my gosh! Me and his mother, Emily went sky high! And the amazing thing is Joel is very humble about the attention he is receiving.
Joel is my first born grandchild, and he is the shining gem in my crown. . . He is my boy that I share with his incredable parents Emily and Russell. They are good parents and Joel has been able to overcome alot of obsticles because of his loving family. He is the light that shines bright in my line of grandchildren. He sets an example of integrety, honor, and humility. He is a good boy! And in todays world it is a challenge and accomplishment to stay true to the values taught to a young man by his parents, grandparents and uncles and aunts. I can't say enough about this young man. And I can't say enough about the good parents he has been blessed with. I like to think that maybe "I" his grandma has had some loving influence on him. And there are many others who have influenced him. His Uncle Mathew has been a guiding force in forming Joel's character. . . Joel is bonded to Mathew. His other uncles, Blake and Mark have also influenced him. He idealizes his uncles and the stories that have been told to him from the time he was born about their accomplishments as athlete's. And high on the pedestal is his grandpa Lloyd. I believe his Grandpa has had and continues to have a tremendous influence on Joel. . . Tonight to go to Ben Lomand in Ogden. . . . I won't miss a game. . . this is my life for right now. And I know by experience it doesn't last nearly long enough. I hope to have pictures posted of the games and my grandson. . . . Keep coming back to my page, and you will share in my journey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails