Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SEPTEMBER

September is going way too fast for me! It is beautiful this time of the year in Utah. The flowers are showing their vibrant colors, the sky is bluer than blue and the weather is wonderful. Not to hot and not too cold. Not only is the a beautiful time for nature, but it is a fun and beautiful time for me. I have always loved the fall/autumn time. Football is in full swing. . . . there is nothing like Friday night lights. And that Grandson of mine is playing like you can't believe. We are all so proud of him. He has really come into his own. He is a good boy! Having lots of fun with his high school years. The football coach told Emily he wants Joel to take his ATC in December and then he wants Joel and his parents to go to the College Clearinghouse. Emily said they had thought maybe Joel could play football at Snow College, and the Coach said, why Snow? Joel is University material, Coach said he is thinking more like BYU, Utah, or some other high division college. Can ya, tell I am one proud momma? And let me just say it is a riot sitting with my two younger sons as they watch their nephew, "The Nipper" on the football field. They are a show in and of themselves. My sons have their father's personality and sense of humor!
Enough of the grandson and football. . . . my second favorite thing is SCRAPBOOK USA. Me and my daughter, Emily, head into the Expo Center and have a fun time scrapbooking. It is a blast! A fun time to spend with my daughter, and friends. We usually scrapbook way into the night, but this year we have to leave at 6:00 pm so we can make it to Tooele High's football game. My niece Audrey has not been able to be with us the last few years and I miss her. She made the event even more fun. . . . but her children are involved in their activities now and it takes top priority as it should. She lives in Kanab and it is a long way from Salt Lake City. Maybe after the kids are grown she will be able to join us again.
The time goes fast, and soon this season will be over and I will go to the next season. The holidays will be approaching. My college classes are coming along very well. I love my History 2700 class. I have learned a lot of things I didn't know. And history is my passion and I thought I knew alot before I took the class. My college math class is another story. I am not doing so well in this class. I will barely pass. And right now that is all I care about just passing. I am already thinking of Spring semester which will start in January. I believe I will have more history classes. Not much longer and I have the degree.
Life continues and it is good. There are many things I wish could be different, but I have to be happy with whatever the Lord gives me. And I am trying really hard to be grateful.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. I would be a proud Mamma too. I love this time of year. I hope you had a great time at the scrapbook USA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails