Monday, December 1, 2008

2008 HOLIDAY'S BEGIN

By my standard of time Thanksgiving kicks off the holidays. From Thanksgiving to New Years is the "rush" time of year. We begin by filling our tummies, and spend the next weeks emptying our bank accounts and more, and end by resolving to change our life and be a better person. . . I began my holiday season by stepping out of the box and out of my comfort zone. Thanksgiving was spent feeding the homeless and less advantaged. A few days before I had something happen that made me have a good inward look at myself. A look at my sole and spirit. I decided I had spent too much time crying over what I had lacking in my life, and determined I would be more helpful and grateful. I determined I would show gratitude and thank the Lord for my "wants" for they are unique to me. In fact, I have a great life and I will be more thankful for it. Somethings I have never experienced and I hope I never do. My eyes were opened to human suffering in a much larger scale than I had thought. At the end of the day I fell to my knees and ask the Lord to forgive me for all the whining I do. I have more than most. I left the group of people on Thanksgiving day with my heart filled, and a smile on my face.
The holidays are hard for me. . . . I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas. This year will be no different. But, I am trying to fill my days with positive energy. My friends and the people I cherish know how I am and respect and love me all the same. Depression during this time of year is a curse. . . . something I must work at constantly. I feel like I am running for my life to get away from it, when I should embrace it. I am still learning.
I promise I will have more and new photos posted soon. But I just can't let the football pictures of Joel go away. This season was fun and I like to remember. He is such a fun young man to have around. He is good. I am not just saying this as his Grandmother. He truly is good. I find great joy in this grandson. My others are a joy also. . . .I know the best is yet to come.
I will close this one for now. . . thanks for visiting. Come again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails