Thursday, February 5, 2009

Off to Region Tournament

Ok, I have neglected my post for a while. It seems things get hectic, but I don't know what the hecticness is. . . I don't accomplish anymore than I normally do and that is nothing. It seems I go to work go home and nothing changes. These kids of mine and now their off-spring keep me busy to where I don't have a weekend to call my own. Really I don't. . . . I am always at a stinkey, hot, noisey, gymnasium. I want to sleep in on Saturdays, but there is always a ball game. . . and if I don't go I feel like the worst grandmother on earth. And the guilt hits and I feel like I am missing something that can never be replaced. The youngest grandson, Jared is now starting the sports circut. At his age it is a riot watching the games. He doesn't have a clue as to what is going on at his basketball games. He runs with the basketball in hand, he skips to the other end of the court. When he is on the bench he would rather be under, behind or playing with the others. . . .
He is the cutest little bugger! I get such a kick out of him!
But, this is the weekend we have been waiting for since November. It is Region Wrestling. . . and my big boy is there (Joel). He should take first BUT, he is a typical 17 year old boy! And anything could happen. The past week he has caught the attitude bug. It all started when he got a date with a cute little 17 year old girl. . ! NOT GOOD. Wrestling championship is the farthest thing from his mind. He just wants to be crowned champion with no effort and move on. . . Needless to say I will be at the stinky, hot, noisy gym cheering for my champion grandson Joel. And in my eyes he will always be THE CHAMPION. . . I will have another weekend taken from me so I can be at wrestling matches on Friday and basketball on Saturday and loving every minute of it. Win or lose I will have good things to tell you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails