Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Apartment Patio

Oh Boy, This is new to me!
I have wanted to show my creations on
the CSI blog, but I haven't dared. . .
I am new to blogging and showing my "stuff"
So please bear with me as I show
My Apartment Patio
to the CSI viewersI love this little pot.
The texture of the twine
I think makes it a perfect
place for the cute little
cacti plant
Just about all of the patio accessories and furniture
comes from the thrift store DI
I paint most things, but. . .
this little stool I will leave the way it is
I like the patiena (however you spell it) on it.

Even my unfinished (needing to be painted) desk
serves a purpose on my patio
It holds a pot of plants and bucket for my USA flags
Just a colorful decoration of buckets and pots
giving patio space vibrant color

The table was a cheap find at DI
It was ugly
and needed
tender loving care
so I spray painted it.
My first time with spray paint.
Now watch out, nothing is safe
when I am spray painting!

These last two pictures are my "treasures".
They give my patio its personality
(Yes, it has a personality)
My yellow chair is a "road kill" find!
I love her! Really I do. . . .
I don't like pots in the "hole"
so I have a painted a cupboard door
for a shelf to put the pots on. . .

This is also a cheap find from DI.
I painted it and turned it into a real treasure.
I REALLY LOVE IT!
The colored pots set it off!

I enjoy sitting on my patio in the evenings
enjoying the colors of not only the furniture
but the flowers. . . . and the surroundings
I believe where ever we are planted
we can make it
BLOOM.



15 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Karie.....I LOVE all the fun colors on your porch! It really does give it, it's very own cute personality! GReat job. My favorite is the rolltop desk and the awesome DI finds spruced up with spray paint!

Thanks for being brave and linking up with us over at The CSi Project!

~Amanda

jen @ homeinthecountry said...

I love all of the fun colors on your porch! I think the yellow chair is my fav (I am totally drawn to yellow lately).

KatrinkaJane said...

I love the textural contrast between the twine and the smooth cactus. What's "DI"? I'm totally with you on "nothing being safe" now that I've discovered spray painting. :) Congrats for stepping out of your comfort zone and posting! ((fellow CSI poster))

Rhiannon said...

great job on your patio I love all the colors especially the lime green! Great job dont be afriad to post, looks great!

Steph Jacobson said...

I love your patio! Love all the thrift store furniture that you transformed--beautiful. My favorite in the chair with the cupboard door for displaying plants.

Brooke said...

I'm with everyone who's commented--such FUN bright colors and a darling porch! I love all of your projects! Found you at Tatortots and Jello. :)

Brooke @ TheCraftingChicks.com

Pam Kessler said...

I love all the bright colors on your porch. Very festive!

Kenzie said...

I love all your bright colors! The yellow chair is amazing! And I love the little green table! Great finds!

Stephanie Cameron said...

Everything is so cute!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Very cute! I love all of the pops of color. Thanks so much for linking it up to The SCI Project and to the Weekend Wrap Up Party!!!

XOXO
Jen

Anke said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all! You did a great job spray painting all those different pieces, the fun colors you chose are really awesome!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Hi Karie! I am a brand new follower of yours now and just stumbled on your blog. I just love what you did with your patio. So cute!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! ~ Laura

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I especially love the yellow. Isn't the DI the best?? However, it hasn't come through for me yet in finding the pieces I want for my patio.

Rhiannon said...

btw come check out my blog, im hosting my first giveaway! send your friends too, who doesnt want free stuff!
thanks!

www.collectionsfrommyheart.blogspot.com

Fowl Single File said...

Wow! They must know you by name at the hardware store. That's a lot of fun, fresh refinishing you've done. I love them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails