Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Am A Daughter of Utah Pioneers

I am a proud daughter of Utah Pioneers
My ancestors on all sides of my family tree
came to this beautiful part of the world
for religious freedom.
My family history reads like the history of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.My beloved ancestors
traveled the great plains
forged rivers,
and traversed the
mighty Rocky Mountains
They suffered great trials and heartache
All in the name of Faith in
what they believed to be true
and for the freedom
to worship as they believed.
They traveled by wagons, hand-carts and on foot.
Suffering both physically and emotionally.
Some were part of the tragic
Martin & Willie Handcart Company.
Others were part of the rescue team to save the stranded Saints.
Death, sickness, hardships and pain
all in the name of their religion. . . .
They did this all for themselves
And most of all for
US!
That someday WE could have a better life
a life of truth, justice, and beauty. . . . .
A life built upon
FAITH
HARD WORK
TRUST
and most of all
LOVE

My ancestor helped to make the Desert Blossom Like A Rose
They were the builders. . . .
They helped colonize this vast Great Salt Lake Desert
They brought water and crops and cattle and sheep to the desert land
They built Churches
Schools and Towns
and most importantly
They built
Homes
Homes where children could grow and learn and work and play and learn
right from wrong.
Homes where the Word of God was taught and lived.
Homes that prayed
Loved the Lord
and Loved their country.
My Ancestors had Faith In Every Footstep
My deepest love to my families
The Pioneers
DALEY
BEDDOES
PICKERING
DANIELS
NEBEKER
SPENCER
TAYLOR
SIMONDS
HALES
EWING
WRIGHT
WIGHTMAN
SALISBURY
VAN WAGONER
DIXON
NORTON
MCDANIELS
GRAHAM


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails