Friday, June 27, 2014

The Motherland

Well, I certainly neglect this little blog.
And I shouldn't. . I love this blog
It is where I can write my thoughts and reflections.
So with a new beginning, that is what I will do
Write my thoughts and reflections on life.
General thoughts but very personal.
I recently took a day trip to my little hometown.
I call it The Motherland.
My ancestors settled this little town.
I was born there and spent my childhood there.
 I am very proud to say it is "home" to me
Though I no longer live there
In fact, I have been away longer than I lived there.
Over 40 years ago my husband and our two little children left the Motherland.
We moved to our new Home, I told my husband he would be
Lucky if I lasted a year.  Well, here I am more than 40 years later.
I have raised my children here, and they are very well planted in this little
spot of the earth.  I love this little spot of earth too.  But I always long for
the place of my birth, my childhood, my young adulthood.
Maybe it is I miss the people that gave me security and love.
They have long passed to the other side, and I miss them so much.
This is my favorite mountain in all the Wasatch Range,
It is called Loafer.  For many reason it is my favorite.
My husband loved this mountain.  It stands as a
Sentinel over the valley protecting and watching over
The valley below.  . . .I love this mountain.
It speaks to my soul and calms me.
The valley is peaceful with lush green fields.
I sometimes wish I lived where there are green pastures,
Where little brooks feed the grass and fields with life give water.
But alas it is not met for me to live here.
The Lord has placed me in another part of His vineyard.
He trusts that I will help build his Kingdom here on earth.
But, my heart still lies in the the valley of my birth and my childhood.
Someday I will return.  I have a little plot of land . . and someday
My earthly remains will be placed there. . and I will be securely
Placed near the majestic mountain that whispers peace to my soul.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails