Saturday, March 13, 2010

Well Helloooooo MARCH

As I am writing this post it is snowing in Tooele. There is about 6-8 inches of beautiful wet spring snow on the ground. It has been a blizzard. . . You just never know what the weather is going to be like in March when you live in Utah. One day it is a warm 55 and the next it is snowing like crazy. You have to love it. Be it mother nature at her best.
Just came back from having lunch with two of my dear friends Marcie and Kathy. It was so good to see them and visit. It has been several months since we got together. I use to work with them at USU Tooele Campus. They were so kind and nice to me. Unlike some of the other people in the office who where so mean spirited. Me and Kathy and Marcie stayed together trying to shield each other from the harshness of others. Why do some people have to be so mean and miserable? It is much easier to be nice and kind. I just don't understand. But it is sure good to have yourself surrounded by good people and positive energy.
I have been very busy these past few weeks. Although I do miss going to my grandson's wrestling matches. I will post another day on my feeling about Joel growing up and moving forward. He has been such a fun child to watch and be with. I love my life as his Grandma.
I have been doing a lot of things around my house, trying to get it to look like me. For several months I just didn't feel like doing anything. It feels good to come back to Life and enjoy being Me, and doing the things that have always brought me so much happiness.
I have kept my hands busy doing "handwork" I was going to show you pictures of my work, BUT I can't find my cord that goes from my camera to my computer. Hummm, wonder where it is. Since I moved I can't find anything! Anyway I have been doing some counted cross-stitch things and they have turned out so cute. I am also reading two books right now, "Agent Bishop" and "Zoo Keepers Wife". Both books are very good. I will report on them in another posting. Went to "Alice In Wonderland" the movie last night. It was good. . . not that great but ok good. I think I need to re-read "Alice In Wonderland" the book by Lewis Carroll. I read it when I was a little girl. I don't think the movie was anything like it. Anyway not how I remembered it.
I am looking forward to Easter weekend. I am going to be with my brother Alan and his family. I look so forward to that. I haven't been to Kanab for a few years. Mat and Melanie and kids are going with me. I am also looking forward to Easter because it will be General Conference. Oh how I look forward to hearing from the Prophet and the Apostles. I am spiritually refreshed after hearing from them.
I love being retired! I love the freedom and time it gives me. At first I had a hard time adjusting to it. But, oh boy, how I adjusted. . . . I love it. I like being available for my kids and grandkids, I like doing my own thing, I really like not having the pressures of work and dealing with the hassle of the workplace. It is just nice to be home and enjoy my home and my surrounding and my own timetable. I stay very busy and don't know how I found the time to work. There truly is a time and a season for everything. I like my time as it is right NOW.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails