Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mom

This is my Mom, Bonnie Bliss Beddoes Daley. I only had her for 7 years of my life. She has been gone for 54 years. She gave birth to me, her first-born, and to my brother her baby boy. The picture on the left is of my Mom and my brother, Alan. The picture on the right is of me and her.
She was a very loving mother, she adored me and my brother. We were her baby dolls. She fussed over me and showered me with love and attention. My Mom was very a very talented woman. She sewed like a professional, created a beautiful home for my Dad, me and my brother. She could do anything she set her mind to do. Her personality was "spunky". She had a mind of her own. Full of life and laughter with a twinkle in her eye. I loved her, and have shed many tears because I didn't have her. I use to think of all the things I missed not having a mother, and then when I was blessed with my own children, I realized all that she had missed not being here on this earth with her children, and grandchildren. She loved life and family. She cherished her Mother my Grandma Dot, and her sisters, Carol and Diane and her brother Richard. Her life ended on a cold winter night in December 1955. A drunk driver silenced her laughter and her zest for life.
Bonnie Bliss, defined who I am today! A part of her lives on in the lives of me and my brother, her 10 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
To my Mom, where you are today, I will someday be with you. Time will not be counted, and eternity will be ours. Thank you, and I LOVE YOU. Always. . . . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails